SIO Law Group represents businesses and individuals in state and federal courts in all areas of business litigation. Our clients range from banks to staffing companies, from churches to construction companies, and from restaurants to IT developers. SIO Law Group combines an understanding of clients’ business objectives with expert trial skills. When faced with a lawsuit, clients need legal counsel who can advise between a strategic settlement and a hard-fought jury victory. SIO’s lawyers have years of real trial experience.
- Breach of contract: detrimental reliance, promissory estoppel, quantum meruit;
- Breach of standard of care: business judgement, fiduciary duty, master-servant, negligence;
- Constitutional claims (U.S. and State) including: due process, equal protection, freedom of speech; freedom of religion, invasion of privacy, right to bear arms, search & seizure, state action, and other constitutional workplace rights and privileges;
- Employment & Benefit Law including: discrimination claims, health & safety, immigration, pension & welfare benefits, wage & hour, and whistleblowing;
- Information law including: Computer Fraud and Abuse Act (CFAA), Dodd-Frank, Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA), Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), Gramm-Leach-Bliley, Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), HITECH Act, Stored Communications Act (SCA), and Uniform Electronic Transaction Act (UETA);
- Intellectual property: copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets; Torts: Assault, Battery, Conversion, Defamation & Libel, Duress, Fraud, Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress, Invasion of Privacy, Tortious Interference, and Trespass;
- Whistleblowing: Federal Tort Claims Act and over 50 federal whistleblower laws including federal contractor & OSHA enforcement.
- Class & Collective Actions
- Appellate & other Post-Trial Practice
- investigatory digital forensics,
- back-end litigation costing,
- digital trial preparation,
- witness tracking & location,
- predictive coding,
- and information law game-planning.
SIO Law Group offers customized support for all types of litigation management needs.